Sunday, 20 November 2011

2SF Online Crop Challenge: Blue & Frosted Designs: Die Cast Challenge

Hi everyone,

This past week, 2SF posted 7 online crop challenges. One challenge was to "chase away the blues." Now, I tend to love the colour blue. The challenge required 2 patterned blue papers, two solid blue papers and two blue embellishments. However, when it came to this challenge, I actually had an issue figuring out what I wanted to do with it.

I ended up choosing to scrapbook the LeBlanc family. It ended up working really well. The page is mostly blue with a bit of white in the paper patterns. I used a pattern page as my background and used my Tim Holtz, Ranger, "Broken China" distress ink to ink the outer edge. I also used a pattern blue to frame the middle picture. The solid papers were used to frame the other two pictures. I realized that I didn't have many blue embellishments, so I decided to make my own flower and leaves. I used a flower that I had downloaded as a free shape of the week from the Silhouette Blog. I used two patterns and alternated them for the flower. I also used both for the leaves. I inked the edges of the flower petals with the Tim Holtz, Ranger "Weathered Wood" distress ink. Finally, I used a pewter heart brad for the flower center. I also used foam letters for the title. This worked well because the page beside this in my book is also using foam letters "The Lewis Family"


Overall, this was my favourite page that I completed for the challenge. My one pitfall was cutting a bit of Grandpa's head off with one of the flowers, oops!

I also decided to enter this page in the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge, which was to have a die-cut.

Hope you enjoy!

**Kelly**

2 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love your flowers. So nice....Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful patterned flower die-cuts! I hope you'll create with us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete