Sunday, 13 November 2011

HMITM #184- Happy Holiday's with the Storeys

Hi everyone,

So this week with the blog How Much is Too Much, the challenge was the following...

- Eight different patterns, none to match the holiday
- The word 'happy'
- Any holiday picture and embellishments. ( Embellishments can match the holiday)

I immediately wanted to scrapbook decorating the tree with my mother because she has what I consider a non-Christmas tree because it is white instead of green and her decorations are blue, pink and silver. Thus, with those colours, it would work out perfectly for this challenge. The challenge that I encountered though was that I did not actually have a photo of us decorating the tree. The only photo I had was of her adding an ornament on Christmas Day, which did not fit with my intended design.

So, instead, I decided to scrap a family get together with my dad's side of the family. I didn't make it out this past year but there was a great photo with everyone together. Check it out below...


I used one pattern paper as the background, one pattern to frame the photo above the fireplace, 5 papers on the fireplace, one for the holly and another on the tree. There were a few pattern papers that I used in a few places: the red I carried through with the tree, the fire and the title. I also used the same pattern for the wood in the tree and the fireplace. I love the holly. It is so cute. To make all of this, I used my Silhouette SD a ton. I love how the tree turned out. It is hot and allowed me to use the angle that I have had lying around since childhood. I also was able to use some awesome Martha Stewart Christmas stamps on the presents under the tree and on the stockings.

Overall, I quite enjoy this layout and hope that you do as well.

~Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Totally crazy. Its awesome. Can't wait to see it IRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Kelly! Love your stunning fire place and tree! What a great idea for using all those different patterned papers. Those gifts under the tree is such a nice detail. Thank you so much for playing along!!

    And I am happy to be able to give comments again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally in love with that tree! what a great layout! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout with the wonderful family picture - thanks for joining us this session at HMITM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking page! It's elegant and sophisticated. Love that you were able to get the family in ONE picture..(our family looks like a moment from Calvin & Hobbs) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for offering the challenge. It is pushing me to try new things that I normally would not have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly! Your layout was picked as our winner for challenge #184. Thank you so much for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete