Sunday, 6 November 2011

How much is too much? #183: Gifts

How much is too much: Challenge #183

Scrapbook a gift or a blessing. The following criteria should also be met:
  • Frame your page with an edge of background paper, a doodled/stitched border or a frame!
  • Use at least one stamp/digital brush/rub-on
  • 3 ribbons/strings
  • 6 circles
  • 8 brads or buttons
  • 10 flowers
  • 2 elements that bleed off the page
  • 4 crocheted or felt accents

I ran into some trouble deciding the subject of this challenge. At first, I was going to scrap my brother's favourite gift: a Go-Kart. However, I did not have any photos of that ready to scrap and it lacked the personal feel.

Instead, after some thought, I decided to scrap a photo of Madeleine, my step-mother and I. She is one of the best things that has ever happened to my family. She cares so much for my nan (who can be challenging), my brother (even though they do not get along), my father (well of course, she fell in love with him) and me (because we are good friends). She does anything and everything to help make our household run smoothly. She is a confidant and a great friend! She will even let me drag her all over the mall and to about 5 other stores all in one day!

So, without further ado... my layout!



This was a photo taken at Mad and Dad's recent wedding. The photograph was taken by the photographer, Katie Bailey, who is a friend of mine. Funny enough, I think this is the only photo of Mad and I basically alone, although her sister's hand is also in the photo.

Now the nitty, gritty details:

  • Frame your page with an edge of background paper, a doodled/stitched border or a frame!- I cut out the edge around the big blue page and glued it to a plain white background
  • Use at least one stamp/digital brush/rub-on- I love the "family" stamp that I bought at Michael's. It worked really well in this situation as "happy to be" was already on the background paper I selected
  • 3 ribbons/strings- I had issues choosing how to use my ribbon. Finally, I decided to basically hide two blue and one white ribbon behind the flowers. It looks good to me!
  • 6 circles- I was also having a hard time deciding how to use circles. I randomly found this pack of embellishments in white that went really well. There are randomly placed all around the flowers and are 3D so they add some texture.
  • 8 brads or buttons- The brads I knew would be used as flower centers. I have realized that I dont have many brads though while I do have a ton of eyelets. The heart eyelets fit right in.
  • 10 flowers- I made all of my flowers using my Silhouette SD. The white/blue flowers were made using a page that had words about family. Then, I used blue chalk ink to edge the flower.
  • 2 elements that bleed off the page- All three ribbons bleed off of the page. I also have two flowers that bleed as well. The flowers worked out conveniently because one of them didn't cut correctly so I cut out the "bad" part.
  • 4 crocheted or felt accents- I do not own a decent felt embellishment unless it is a snowman. Thus, I left this until last. I had finished the page and then all of a sudden, I realized that there was no felt and it led to an expletive. So, I cut three strips out of a snow man and a little circle near the ribbon at the bottom of the page. My initial goal was to cut circles but those don't cut well from felt.
Overall, I am very happy with this page and hope you like it too!

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment